The Bowling Green Road Runners is a nonprofit organization of runners and walkers at all levels and abilities, who are committed to physical fitness and improving their community by encouraging, connecting, and supporting other runners and walkers within the region.
Bowling Green Road Runners is a member of Road Runners Club of America (RRCA), the oldest and largest organization in the US dedicated to distance running.
- Encourage local and out of town competitive road racing participation and provide notification of upcoming events and races.
- Sponsor competitive road races and walking events.
- Provide financial donations to local high school running programs. Boys & Girls Track & Cross Country Programs.
- Conduct an annual Grand Prix consisting of selected local races, with custom awards to female and male category winners.
- Support and assist in community efforts to promote running and fitness, such as the Greenways project.
2019 Club Officers
Hank Campbell, club president.
Paula Hayes, Vice President
Karen McGuffey, Secretary
Peter Brandt, Treasurer
Grand Prix Coordinator
Cindy Brandt, Grand Prix Coordinator
Social Media Manager
Carrie Herrington, Social Media Manager
Nitin Jhamb, Equipment Manager
P.J. Pethalsky, Website Administrator